Equipment: Food processor, deep fryer or a heavy bottomed pot and a thermometer
First, preheat fryer to 375˚ Fahrenheit
2 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons Tabasco
2 lbs boneless chicken thigh diced into ½ in. cubes
1.5 cups of Kettle Brand Buffalo Blue Potato Chips crumble
1.5 cups of panko
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 head of green cabbage (shredded)
½ cup of bleu cheese
½ cup of vegetable oil
⅛ cup of apple cider vinegar
Shaved red onion (after slicing allow onion to crisp up in iced water this will take some of that pungent raw flavor away and crisp up the onion). Drain all liquid before using
Salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken
1. First soak the chicken in Tabasco seasoned buttermilk (1 hour).
2. Combine 2 cups buttermilk, 2 tablespoons Tabasco, 2 lbs boneless chicken thigh diced into ½ in. cubes.
For the dredge
3. Blitz the chips in a food processor, shower in 1 cup of A.P. flour and allow to run for 45 seconds.
4. Remove from the processor and combine with 1.5 cups of panko.
5. Drain and discard the buttermilk, dredge the chicken with the Kettle Brand Buffalo Blue Potato Chips crumble. Make sure that each piece is thoroughly breaded then fry until golden brown. Approximately 2-4 minutes.
Blue cheese coleslaw
1. In the blender combine cabbage, blue cheese and apple cider vinegar, while the blender is running drizzle in the oil to create the creamy dressing for your slaw.
2. Using the chip as a base, make a nest with the coleslaw and place the fried chicken in the center.
Suggested Drink Pairing: Ale Beer or Pinot Noir Wine
Recipe By Foxtail Catering Group