Beef is the richest of red meats. Marbled and flavorful, it is the ultimate foil for your richest red wines. When pairing wines, you want to match the intensity of your dish with the intensity of the wine and contrast the complexity of flavor of the beef with either simple or complex flavors of wine. Put more simply, the relatively delicate flavors of a filet mignon are best paired with the complex flavors of a delicate red wine, while the assertive flavors of a grilled rib eye are best paired with a powerful if less complex red.
Top beef recipes
All Beef Recipes
1-Dish Taco Bake
1. Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. 2. Mix batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plat...
30-Minute Filet Bourguignonne with Mashed Potatoes
1. Place potato in a saucepan over high heat; cover with cool water. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain. Return potato to...
5 Bean Chili
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with the onions. Be sure to break up clumps as much as possible. Put the mixture in a slow...
6 Hour Tri-tip Marinade
1. To make the marinade, mix all of the ingredients except for the beef in a large mixing bowl. Place the trimmed tri-tips in a plastic container a...
Abuelita's Ropa Vieja
Season brisket with 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon. Heat oil in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Re...
All American Chili
1. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain fat, if needed. 2. St...
1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a slow cooker. In a ...
Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomat...
Almost Meatless Sloppy Joes
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and beef to pan; cook 5 minutes or until meat is...
1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain fat. Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, diced t...
Ancho, Beef, and Kidney Bean Chili
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 8 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add cumin,...
Ancho Chile-Beef Fajitas with Mango
1. Combine lime juice, chile powder, Worcestershire, and cumin in a medium bowl. Add beef; toss well. 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over ...
Anchovy and Herb Marinade
Whisk all ingredients together. Put beef in a nonreactive baking dish and pour marinade over, turning to coat.
Andie's Stuffed Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 2. Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Dr...
Apricot and Lamb Tagine
To prepare tagine, combine the first 15 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks. Place 1...
Arancini di Riso Recipe
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Cool slightly. Stir in the egg yolk, cheese and butter. Cover and refrigerate until cooled. 2. Meanw...
Arroz Rojo with Beef
1 Cook the beef, onion and pepper in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate the meat. P...
Artichoke Beef Stew Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes
1. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef in oi...
Asian Beef and Noodle-Filled Lettuce Cups
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet ove...
Shake up your party
Tonight we're drinking:
Best Wine Deals
Kraft Mac-n-cheese and wine?Replied
Domaine A.F. Gros Vosne Romanee Clos Fontaine (2007)Wishlisted
Hesketh Shiraz Barossa Valley the Protagonist (2005)Commented
Secret Santa 2013 for wine. The Reveal! The Guesses! So are we ready to find out how close we were?Replied
Whatcha drinking tonight? - part 1 because 2nd place is the first loser ;)Replied
Yarra Yering Shiraz Yarra Valley Underhill (2005)Wishlisted
Yarra Yering Shiraz Dry Red #2 (2004)Cellared
Axium California Sauvignon Blanc (2012)Rated
Murgo Etna Rosso (2006)Wishlisted
Annoying Wine WordsCommented