Seared Flank Steak with Shallot-Mustard Sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. corn oil
- 3 Tbs. finely minced shallot
- ¾ cup low-salt beef broth
- 6 Tbs. cold unsalted butter (4 Tbs. cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- + 4 more ingredients
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 flank steak, about 1-½ lb.
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
Set a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper. Heat an ovenproof 12-inch sauté pan over high heat until very hot. Add the oil to coat the pan and sear the steak on one side until well browned, about 1-1/2 minutes. Flip with tongs...