Bottom Round Beef Stew
- 1 pound(s) beef bottom round
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil, more as needed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, or more if preferred, sliced thinly (optional)
- 2 cup(s) stock, wine, water, or a mixture
- 4 carrots
- + 4 more ingredients
- 4 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh herbs, or a handful of herb sprigs; oregano,savory,rosemary, etc.
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch, if needed
- salt and pepper
Cut meat into small cubes, about 1". Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons flour in a plastic or paper bag. Add the meat cubes, a handful at a time, and shake to coat. Heat oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven and brown the meat over medium heat. Don't crowd the meat - brown...