Crostini with Beef & Horseradish Cream
- 1 recipe Crostini
- ¼ cup crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- 16 pale, inner pieces of frisée (curly endive), washed and dried
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lb. beef tenderloin (about a 1-½-inch steak)
- 2 to 3 tsp. prepared horseradish
Heat a small, heavy skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Season the beef with 1/4 tsp. salt and some pepper. Turn the exhaust fan to high and sear the beef, flipping after 3 minutes, and then cook, flipping every couple of minutes until it’s done to your liking, about 10 minutes total for medium ...