Peppered Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 3 8-ounce beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 ¼ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- + 4 more ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or brandy
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground peppercorn melange or black pepper
- * A mixture of black, pink, green, and white peppercorns; available at many supermarkets.
- 1 8.8-ounce package wide egg noodles (such as De Cecco)
Sprinkle pepper melange and salt over both sides of steaks; press to adhere. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer beef to plate; tent with foil. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mush...