Beef Rib Roast with Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 shoulder-end bone-in beef rib roast with 4 ribs (about 8 lbs.; ribs should be left long)
- 8 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves, crushed and peeled
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl. Using a sharp knife, cut a line down into the roast about 1/2 in. in front of the ribs to create a deep pocket into which you'll stuff the rosemary and garlic. Sprinkle the pocket with about half the salt mixture, then insert rosem...