Rare Roast Beef with Fresh Herbs and Basil Oil Recipe
- 1 ½-pound beef eye of round roast
- ½ cup mix of finely chopped rosemary, mint and tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 475°. Generously coat the roast with half of the chopped herb mixture and season with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the roast and lightly brown it on all sides, about 3 minutes. Wipe out the skillet, ...