Slow-Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Double-Mushroom Ragoût
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4-lb. beef tenderloin roast, preferably from the thicker end, trimmed of silver skin and chain
- 1 recipe Double-Mushroom Ragoût
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 250°F. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, thyme, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and several generous grinds of black pepper. Put the tenderloin on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet or in a small roasting pan and rub the oil mixture all over...