Twice-baked Beef Brisket with Onions
- 1 ½ cups dry red wine
- 1 beef brisket (7 to 8 lb.)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix (1 oz. each)
- 2 onions (1/2 lb. each), peeled and thinly sliced
1. Trim and discard fat from brisket; rinse meat. Lay brisket, fattiest side up, in a 12- by 17-inch roasting pan. Sprinkle onion soup mix, brown sugar, and onions evenly over meat. Pour wine evenly over onions. Cover pan tightly. 2. Bake in a 325° oven until brisket is very tender when pierced, ...