Chicken is a blank slate of the culinary world, so pairing wine with chicken can be as simple or complicated as the recipe. With simple recipes, you’ll want a simple wine. Classic examples of wines to pair with chicken include Beaujolais for red wine and Pinot Gris for white.
Chicken is well suited to an unusually broad range of preparation and seasoning. Its healthy attributes have also made chicken, and in particular chicken breasts, a common and convenient substitution for other meats. This means that you can probably find a chicken recipe to pair with just about any wine. When you’re working in broad generalities, as we are, I’d generally defer to the method of preparation for guidance. Below are some of the most common styles of chicken preparation.
Top chicken recipes
All Chicken Recipes
1-2-3 Chicken Cacciatore
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Stir in Pasta Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and si...
Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients. Bake, cove...
1-2-3 Savory Potato Salad with Real Mayonnaise
1. Cover potatoes and Bouillon Cube with water in 4-quart saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook uncovered 10 minutes or un...
15-Minute Pumpkin Risotto
1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine onion, butter, and nutmeg. Stir often over high heat until onion is limp, 3 to 4 minutes.2. Mix the cornstarch s...
25-Minute Chicken and Noodles
1. Mix broth, basil, pepper and vegetables in skillet. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes. 2. Stir in noodles. Cover and cook ...
2-Step Chicken 'n' Biscuits
1. Cook chicken in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring often. Add soup and vegetables. Cover and cook over low he...
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken fr...
Adobo Chicken in Parchment
Slit guajillo chiles lengthwise, then stem and seed. Heat a dry cast-iron skillet (not nonstick) over medium heat until hot, then toast chiles in b...
Adriel's Chinese Curry Chicken
1. In a bowl, mash the yellow curry paste with about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth to help dissolve the paste; whisk in remaining chicken broth, s...
African Chicken in Spicy Red Sauce
Place chicken in a shallow dish; drizzle with juice, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Heat a Dut...
African Peanut Soup
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, peanut butter, broth, vinegar, cayenn...
A Jerky Chicken
1. Combine the onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame oil, garlic, allspice and habanero pepper in the container of a food processor...
Ajiaco (Colombian Chicken Soup)
Put the chicken in a large (at least 8-quart) stockpot and add 8 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to a vigorous ...
Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Place in a shallow dish, reserving 1/4 cup mixture. Add chicken to dish; cover and chill 1 hour. Remove chicken...
Almond-Crusted Chicken and Nectarine Salad with Buttermilk-Chive Dressing
In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, and honey. Slowly whisk in the oil to blend. Stir in the chi...
1. Combine spreadable cheese, 3 tablespoons almonds, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley in a small bowl. Set aside. 2. Cut a horizontal slit t...
Almond Topped Chicken
1 In a skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter until juices run clear; about 20 minutes. 2 Transfer to serving plate and keep warm. ...
Almond-Topped Chicken Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes
1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. 2. Trans...
Alphabet Chicken Soup
1 Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Stir in onion, carrot, and celery. Sauté vegetables in hot oil 5 minutes; add garlic, a...
Alton Brown's Buffalo Wings
1. Place a 6-quart saucepan, with a steamer basket and 1 inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
Best Wine Deals
Secret Santa 2015Replied
Milagro Romance Tequila (2005)Cellared
Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas, USA Green Card,Citizenship (email@example.comReplied
What have you bought lately?Replied
Wilson Creek Almond Champagne (2009)Cellared
Seghesio Family Vineyards Zinfandel Old Vine (2011)Wishlisted
Orlando Jacobs Creek Merlot South Australia (2004)Rated
Burgundy Pest/Disease Issue - Flavescence DoreeReplied
Candy Babee California RieslingWishlisted