Baked Chicken Recipes
Baked chicken dishes are similar to roasted chicken, but with the chicken cut into pieces for cooking. In fact, most baked chicken recipes tend to be health modifications of fried, sauteed and other, more fattening style of preparation. As such, you generally end up with a lighter dish that can handle wines with slightly lower acidity. There’s really no general rule that is applicable to baked chicken dishes, other than the four tenets of wine pairing.
1. Match the intensity of flavors of your wine and recipe.
2.Be aware of complementary (lemony wines with lemony marinades) and contrasting (sweet wines with sour dishes) elements that make a wine pairing successful.
3. Keep tannic wines away from spicy dishes, the result tends to be bitterness.
4. When in doubt, pair a recipe with a wine from the region that inspired it.
Top baked chicken recipes
All Baked Chicken Recipes
15-Minute Chicken Margherita
Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Sauce over chicken, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until he...
Alfredo Rice Casserole Recipe
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or unti...
All-American Buffalo Chicken Tenders
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet, and transfer to oven. In a medium bowl, stir together blue cheese and 1...
All-American Squash Casserole With Crispy Potato Chip Topping
Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash and zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place in a Dutch oven. Add chopped onion, 2 tsp. salt, and water to cover...
Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket about 4 inches long. 2. In a small bowl, combine 1/4...
Almond Chicken Casserole II
1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a...
1. Trim fat from chicken breasts and cut each into 4 pieces. With a mallet, pound each piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to an even 1/4 to 1/2...
Almond-Crusted Chicken with Rhubarb Chutney
Preheat oven to 350°F. Use half of the butter to grease an 8- by 8-inch baking dish. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, stir tog...
Almond-Crusted Chicken with Scallion Rice
Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plasti...
Aloo Gobhi Stuffing
Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish (13 by 9 inches). Spread bread cub...
Amber Ale Baked Beans
Preheat oven to 300°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Drain over a large bowl; re...
Angela's Awesome Enchiladas
1. Place the chicken in a large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer u...
Angela's Easy Breaded Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. Dredge chicken breasts in salad dressing, then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coate...
Apple Bacon Stuffing with Mushrooms and Leeks
Tear or cut the bread into 3/4-inch pieces until you have 8 to 10 cups. If working a day ahead, lay the pieces out on a rack and leave them uncover...
Apple, Sausage, and Parsnip Stuffing with Fresh Sage
Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake bread cubes on 2 large rimmed baking sheets until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes. Sauté sausages in very large skill...
Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. When it's brown, add the apples and cook, stirring occasion...
Apricot Chicken with Almonds
Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a 13- by 9-inch flameproof baking dish (not glass). Pat chicken dry and...
Arroz con Pollo
Purée garlic, orange juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. Put chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour purée over them, tu...
Artichoke and Tomato Chicken
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, artichoke hearts and red peppers. Cook until just hot, then remove from he...
Artichoke Chicken Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 2. Mix Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic powder together in a bowl. 3. Arrange chicken br...
Coconut Rice Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Spicy Salmon & Avocado Tower
Best Wine Deals
Torbreck the Steading (2010)Cellared
Vina Haras de Pirque Albis Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenere Maipo Valley Chile (2006)Reviewed
Article on Dry FarmingReplied
Errazuriz Wild Ferment Pinot Noir Escultura Estate Casablanca Valley Chile (2010)Reviewed
Dezzani Dolce Sweet RedWishlisted
Frank Family Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Rutherford (2011)Cellared
J Lohr 40th Anniversary Red Blend Paso Robles (NV)Cellared
J. Lohr Highlands Bench Pinot Noir (2011)Cellared
Gancia Asti SpumanteWishlisted