Baked Chicken with White Beans and Tomatoes
- 4 large chicken thighs with skin and bone (1 1/2 lb total)
- 6 bacon slices (1/4 lb total)
- 2 medium onions (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 15- to 16-oz cans small white beans
- 1 14- to 16-oz can stewed tomatoes including juice
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in a 10-inch heavy ovenproof skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, reserving fat in skillet. While bacon is b...