Curried Butternut Soup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple (about 3/4 pound)
- + 5 more ingredients
- Cooking spray
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped onion
- 8 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange squash in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add apple, onion, celery, and bay leaf; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in curry pow...