Herbed Bread Stuffing with Mushrooms and Sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 ¼ cups chopped carrot
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) links sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons butter
- + 8 more ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds peasant-style white bread
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
Preheat oven to 400°.
Trim crust from bread. Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on 2 jelly-roll pans. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high h...
Baked Chicken recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Fetzer Merlot California SundialScanned
Corvo Nero d'Avola Sicilia IGT (2010)Listed
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Eager to learn all about wineReplied
Costa di Bussia Barolo Riserva (2006)Wishlisted
G.D. Vajra Barbera d'Alba SuperioreScanned
Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (2007)Wishlisted
Syrah Offline 7/19/14 Sonoma CountyReplied
Top Malbec Tasted 4/14Commented
From Douglas in Chicago!Replied