Herbed Bread Stuffing with Mushrooms and Sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 ¼ cups chopped carrot
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) links sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons butter
- + 8 more ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds peasant-style white bread
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
Preheat oven to 400°.
Trim crust from bread. Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on 2 jelly-roll pans. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high h...
Baked Chicken recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
David Hook Old Vines Pothana Vinyard Belford Lower Hunter Valley (2009)Reviewed
Big Vine Chardonnay Carneros (2010)Rated
Emiliana 'Natura' Carmenere (2012)Wishlisted
Forza Moscato AmericanWishlisted
How long will a good dry Riesling age?Replied
Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak (2008)Wishlisted
Waugh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville (2005)Wishlisted
Clos de Los Siete Clos de Los Siete (2008)Wishlisted
Anselmi San Vincenzo (2011)Wishlisted