Herbed Bread Stuffing with Mushrooms and Sausage
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 ½ pounds peasant-style white bread
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 ¼ cups chopped celery
- + 8 more ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 (4-ounce) links sweet turkey Italian sausage
- Cooking spray
- 1 ¼ cups chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400°.
Trim crust from bread. Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on 2 jelly-roll pans. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high h...
Baked Chicken recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Celebrating Culinary Inspiration at Clearwater Beach UncorkedPosted
Beaulieu Vineyard Merlot Napa ValleyScanned
Le Cadeau Rocheux Reserve (2011)Wishlisted
Le Cadeau Pinot Noir Willamette Valley Merci (2011)Wishlisted
Le Cadeau Pinot Noir Willamette Valley Rocheux (2009)Wishlisted
Gary Farrell Chardonnay Carneros Selection (2011)Wishlisted
Flying Horse Chardonnay (2009)Wishlisted