Herbed Bread Stuffing with Mushrooms and Sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 ½ pounds peasant-style white bread
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 ¼ cups chopped carrot
- + 8 more ingredients
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 (4-ounce) links sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400°.
Trim crust from bread. Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on 2 jelly-roll pans. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high h...
Baked Chicken recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Stuffing: Mild to WildCommented
Château Haut-Madrac Red Bordeaux Blend Haut-MédocScanned
Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Bianco DOC (2012)Cellared
Michael James Wines Michael James Cabernet (2009)Cellared
Fantinel Spumante RoseWishlisted
Fiddlehead Cellars Sauvignon Blanc Santa Ynez Valley Hunnysuckle (2003)Wishlisted
Fox Creek Shiraz Cabernet Franc (1998)Wishlisted
Secret Santa 2013 for wine. The Reveal!Replied