Potato, Thyme & Olive Oil Gratin
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ cup homemade or low-salt chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Coat the inside of a 9x9-inch or equivalent baking dish with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil. Peel the potatoes, slice them into 1/8-inch-thick rounds, and put them in a bowl. Add the thyme, 1-1/2 tsp. salt, and a few grinds of pepper ...