African Chicken Tagine with Yams, Dried Cranberries and Pistachios.
- ½ c chopped toasted pistachios for garnish
- Fennel basmati rice recipe follows
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 c chicken stock or bouillon
- ¼ t black pepper
- + 5 more ingredients
- 2 T honey
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 t baharat recipe follows*
- 2 lb chicken thighs cut into 2 inch pieces
Preheat oven to 400. Put the chicken, baharat, olive oil, salt, pepper and honey in a Tagine or Dutch oven. Coat the chicken with the mixture. Add the potatoes, onion and chicken stock. Mix to combine. Place the Tagine lid or Dutch oven lid on and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the lid and...