Colorful Vegan Turmeric Rice
- deep cooking pan or pot
- extra broth if needed
- You could also use chicken broth for a carnivore version.
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable broth, low sodium & no MSG*
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil or ghee
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin seed
- + 4 more ingredients
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece fresh Ginger, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups (275 grams) long grain rice
1. Heat the oil and once it’s warm add the onion and saute until transparent, next add the ginger and garlic and saute for another 4 minute. Stir in the rice to the mixture, then sprinkle the cumin seed over the rice and fry for about 5 minutes. Next stir in the Turmeric and stir to distribute th...