- 1 tablespoon palm or dark brown sugar
- 30 6-inch wooden skewers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or sake
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- + 4 more ingredients
- red-curry peanut dipping sauce .
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- ¾ cup shallots
Combine chicken with shallots, garlic, palm sugar, pepper, oil, fish sauce, rice wine, and salt in a sealable plastic bag and turn to coat chicken, then squeeze bag to eliminate as much air as possible and seal. Marinate chicken, chilled, at least 12 hours but no longer than 24. Thread each chick...