- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 6-inch wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon palm or dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup shallots
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- + 4 more ingredients
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- red-curry peanut dipping sauce .
- 1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or sake
Combine chicken with shallots, garlic, palm sugar, pepper, oil, fish sauce, rice wine, and salt in a sealable plastic bag and turn to coat chicken, then squeeze bag to eliminate as much air as possible and seal. Marinate chicken, chilled, at least 12 hours but no longer than 24. Thread each chick...