Grilled Chicken & Mushroom Yakitori
- 6 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1-½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 6 Tbs. honey
- Vegetable or olive oil for the grill
- 3 to 4 scallions (white and green parts) trimmed
- 16 small white mushrooms (about 6 oz.), wiped clean
- 8 bamboo skewers (8 to 12 inches), soaked in water for at least 20 min.
- + 3 more ingredients
- 6 Tbs. mirin (rice wine)
- 1-½ Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1-½ Tbs. finely minced fresh ginger
Heat a gas grill to medium or prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire. Combine the soy sauce, mirin, honey, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and gently boil until the mixture is slightly syrupy and reduced to abo...