Grilled Chicken with Rosemary & Caramelized Lemons
- 1 3-½- to 4-lb. whole chicken
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup kosher salt; more as needed
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, sliced 1/8 inch thick, seeded
A day ahead: In a large bowl, dissolve the salt in 8 cups cold water. Add the chicken and submerge it in the brine, using a plate to weight it, if needed. Refrigerate for 24 hours. On the day of grilling: Set up a charcoal or gas grill to cook with direct heat. For gas grills, turn all the bur...