After the binge quick and dirty onion soup
- any wine you have leftover from last nights binge - up to a cup
- Celery with leaf, carrots, peppers anything left in the fridge - chopped - ½ to 1 cup
- black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- garlic, clove, powdered, whatever you have - 1tbl spoon
- any kind of soup stock with salt to taste, or bullion cube of any variety - beef is best, but chicken or vegetable will work.
- butter, cooking oil, olive oil - just enough to brown the onions
- ½ onions
heat the cooking oil and slice the onion into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. If you have fresh garlic add that minced now–cook in a soup pan until just translucent. Add wine. Add bullion or stock and salt to taste, add water to make one quart of soup. Bring to a boil. Add Veggies and simmer 5 minute...