- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if desired
- 5 ½ ounces sharp white cheddar, grated (1 ½ cups)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook until just beginning to brown, 12 minutes. Add broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is very tender, 20 m...