Chicken-and-Smoked Sausage Pilau
- 1 (5-pound) whole chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 carrots, cut in half
- 1 ½ tablespoons seasoned pepper
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 1 pound hot or mild smoked pork sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- + 3 more ingredients
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoons seasoned salt
Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
Remove and discard celery, carrots, and bay leaf from broth, reserving broth i...