Chicken in Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon or rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried and crumbled rosemary
- 1 cut up chicken, about 3 ½ lbs.
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- + 4 more ingredients
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika, mild or hot, as preferred
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large heads of garlic, separated into cloves, cloves peeled
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge chicken pieces in this mixture. In a heavy skillet, heat oil and brown chicken over medium heat until golden brown on all sides. Remove chicken, leaving about 1 tablespoon fat in skillet (add some if necessary). Add onions to skillet and cook, stirrin...