Diakon Greens Soup
- Optionals include: ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash, 1/8 tsp kelp, ¼ cup dried tart cherries, ¼ cup dried mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 can cream of celery or mushroom soup (2 cans are okay)
- 2 cups fresh veggies, chopped (Your choice. I use zuccini, carrots, red and green peppers, diakon root, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- + 2 more ingredients
- 1 green top of large diakon finely chopped. (about 2 cups) or 10 oz. pkg frozen spinach
- 2 cans chicken broth
In one can of the broth, bring the diakon greens, onions, garlic, and veggies to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes or until greens are tender. Add the cream of celery soup and another can of broth. Stir in seasonings and optionals. Bring to boil and simmer a few minutes to ...