Hopi Hominy and Lamb Stew
- 1 can (7 oz. ) whole green chilies, torn into wide strips
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans (1 lb. each) hominy, drained
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds fat-trimmed boned lamb shoulder
1. Rinse lamb and cut into 1-inch chunks. Put meat in a 5- to 6-quart pan and add hominy, broth, and chilies. 2. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until meat is very tender when pierced, 1 3/4 to 2 hours. Skim fat from pan and discard. Season stew to taste with salt a...