Mashed Root Vegetables
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- ¾ pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ¼ pounds yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons (or more) whole milk
1. Bring pot of water to boil. Add bouillon cubes and stir to dissolve; return to boil. Add vegetables; cook until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes. Drain vegetables; return to pot. Add butter and mash until smooth. Mix in 3 tablespoons milk, adding more milk if mixture is dry...