Pea-and-Pasta Soup Sips
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Riesling or other slightly sweet white wine
- 3 (16-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup small uncooked pasta (such as pastina, orzo, or ditalini)
- 1 ½ cups frozen green peas
Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peas, pasta, and parsley. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in wine. Spoon soup into small cups, and sprinkle with cheese.