Quick Chicken Sauté with Walnuts, Curly Endive & Orange Pan Sauce
- ¼ cup water or homemade or low-salt canned chicken broth
- 2 medium-size boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (12 oz. total), cut into ¾-inch chunks
- ¼ tsp. coriander seed, crushed
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 6 oz. curly endive (curly chicory), washed, dried, and chopped into 2-inch pieces (about 6 cups, loosely packed).
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- + 5 more ingredients
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. good-quality white-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbs. of the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the endive and cook, stirring frequently, until deep green but still crisp-tender, about 90 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl. Heat another 1 Tbs. oil in the pan and add the chicken....