Salmon, Sweet Potato and Broccoli Chowder
- 1 small broccoli stalk, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- ¼ cup(s) flour
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- + 4 more ingredients
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound(s) skinless salmon fillets; cut into ½ inch chunks. Other meats may be used.
- 1 bay leaf
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the onion in butter until soft and translucent. Approximately 5-10 minutes. Add flour and stir. Whisk in the broth and milk continuing to whisk for a couple of minutes and then add potatoes, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to medium heat and simmer, stirr...