Spicy Chicken and Hominy Ragoût
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips
- 1 14 ½-ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup drained canned golden hominy
- 1 ¼ teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, hominy and chili powder and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked throu...