Hard Cider Gravy
- 1 cup hard cider or dry white wine
- 2 to 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Drippings from roasted turkey, still in roasting pan (see recipe for Roasted Turkey with Sage)
Strain the drippings into a large measuring cup or bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes, then skim off and discard the fat. (Alternatively, use a fat separator.) Place the empty pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the cider and cook for 1 minute, scraping up the bits stuck to the pan. Pour i...