Roast Chicken with Rosemary-Lemon Salt
- 2 medium lemons
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 4-lb. chickens, giblets and excess fat discarded
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. kosher salt
Finely grate the zest from the lemons. In a food processor or mini chopper, combine the zest with the 2 Tbs. salt, the rosemary, and black pepper. Pulse several times to combine. Sprinle each chicken with this salt mixture both inside and outside the cavity and between the skin and the breast me...