Ultimate Roast Chicken
- About 1 tbsp. olive oil (for plain or French Herb chicken)
- Mediterranean Coriander Seasoning Rub (optional)
- French Herb Seasoning Rub or
- Pepper (¾ tsp. for a smaller chicken or 1 tsp. for a larger one)
- Fine sea salt (1 ½ tsp. for a 3- to 3 ¾-lb. chicken or 2 tsp. for a 4- to 4 ½-lb. chicken)
- 1 chicken, 3* to 4 ½ lbs., lumps of fat and tail removed, rinsed and patted very dry
1. Slide 2 fingers between breast skin and meat on chicken to make pockets. Turn chicken over and loosen thigh skin the same way. Mix salt and pepper; evenly rub 1/4 tsp. over meat in each pocket and the rest over outside of bird. Put chicken on a rack in a rimmed pan, very loosely cover with pla...