Fried Chicken Recipes
Fried chicken, whether deep fat fried or sauteed, generally refers to breaded or battered chicken that is served without much sauce or seasoning beyond those found in the batter. The typical fried chicken dish has some subtle herb and spice notes accenting the flavor of the chicken, all wrapped in a slightly greasy breading. The greasy element of most fried chicken calls for a wine with substantial acidity. That acidity will help to cleanse the mouth by washing the grease away. A relatively lightly flavored wine that matches the intensity of flavor of the fried chicken is a safe bet. Try dry Riesling and Pinot Grigio, both are good wines to pair with fried chicken.
Top fried chicken recipes
All Fried Chicken Recipes
1. Combine chicken, olives, almonds, and enough of the enchilada sauce to moisten (about 1/3 cup). 2. Use tongs to dip the tortillas into medium-ho...
Aromatic Braised Chicken with Fried Onions
Toss all ingredients except water, oil, onion, and flour with 1 teaspoon salt in a wide heavy medium pot. Marinate chicken, covered and chilled, 1 ...
Arroz con Gansos o Patos (Rice with Geese or Ducks)
1. Season duck with salt and pepper. Put in a 9- by 13-in. casserole at least 3 in. deep and bake, skin side up, at 350° for 15 minutes; pour off e...
Arroz con Pollo
1. In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Cook the ...
Arroz con Pollo Verde - Green Chicken with Rice
1. Purée cilantro in a blender, adding up to 1/4 cup water to make a sauce. Set aside. 2. Rub the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Spr...
Arroz Huérfano (Orphan’s Rice)
Heat the broth in a small saucepan until very hot but not boiling, and add the saffron. Turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for at least 10 m...
Asian Chicken and Fried Rice
1. Cook 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve Asian fried rice according to package directions. Stir together cooked rice, 2 cups shredded cooked chicke...
Asian Chicken Salad
1. Prepare the dressing 30 minutes ahead of time by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salad oil, and rice vinegar in a salad dressi...
Asopao de Pollo
1. Season chicken thighs with black pepper and adobo seasoning. 2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir green pepper...
Bacon Hash Brown Casserole
1 Thaw hash browns for 30 minutes. 2 While hash browns are thawing, prepare the bacon: Using clean scissors, cut the bacon into thin strips horizo...
Barbecue Chicken Meatballs
1. Combine the first 8 ingredients. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. 2. Place the oil in a wide frying pan. Add the meatballs and brown them on ...
Basic Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Place the buttermilk in a resealable plastic bag, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper, and...
Basic Chicken Quesadillas
Combine the cheeses in a medium bowl. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprink...
Basic Chicken Salad
1. Place almonds in a frying pan. Toast over medium-high heat, shaking frequently. Watch carefully, as they burn easily. 2. In a medium bowl, mix ...
1 Mix together sauce ingredients in a saucepan. 2 Heat at low medium heat until boiling (about 5 minutes, turn off heat). 3 Heat 2 tablespoon of ...
Beer-Battered Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Make the Buttermilk Soak: In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk with the salt, black pepper and cayenne. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Let st...
Beer-Battered Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk with the salt, black pepper and cayenne. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature fo...
Best-Ever Chinese Chicken Salad
1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring about 1 quart water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, th...
Blanquette de Veau
1. Rinse meat and place in a 5- to 6-quart pan. Add broth, carrots, cloves, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and...
Bok Choy Stir-Fry
1 Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. 2 Add garlic, ginger, black pepper, and bok choy. 3 Stir fry about 3 min. 4 In bowl, combine dissolved ...
Best Wine Deals
What have you bought lately?Replied
Liberty Creek Chardonnay (2008)Reviewed
Matthew Fox Cabernet Sauvignon California (2009)Rated
Non wine related, my new project...Replied
Breitenbach Wine Cellars Black Raspberry (NV)Reviewed
Thoughts about wine aerators? Can they replace a decanter?Replied
Snooth App for AndroidPosted
Avalon Winery Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (2008)Wishlisted
Malk Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District (2010)Wishlisted
Terra d'Oro Chenin Blanc Viognier (2013)Wishlisted