Fried Fish Recipes
Fried fish is a classic fish preparation that needs a bright, crisp wine to pair with. Like lemon or malt vinegar, a bright wine helps to cut through the grease of deep frying while brightening the flavor of the fish and pushing it to the forefront. Muscadet and Albarino are perfect examples of wines with enough acidity to act as a foil for these flavors of deep fried fish. There are also some niche wines that are all about acid and are perfect for pairing with the most delicate of fried fish. These include Greece’s Assyrtiko, Portugal’s Vino Verde and France’s Aligote.
Top fried fish recipes
All Fried Fish Recipes
Asparagus Sole Rolls
1. Rinse asparagus; snap off and discard tough ends. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil. Add asparagus a...
Baja Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
1. Combine first 6 ingredients; set aside. 2. Clip a fry thermometer to the side of a large, heavy saucepan. Add oil to pan; heat over medium-high ...
1. In a bowl, mix vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard. 2. Rinse halibut and pat dry. Brush lightly all over with oil and sprinkle with salt and peppe...
Battered Catfish and Chips
Cut potatoes into paper-thin slices. Combine potato and water to cover in a large bowl; set aside. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Add beer, ...
Bayou Fish Fillets With Sweet-Hot Pecan Sauce
1. Stir together cornbread mix and Creole seasoning until blended. 2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over fillets. Dredge fillets in cornbread mixture. 3...
Bayou Fried Shrimp
1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by making a deep slit down back of each from large end to tail, cutting to but not through insid...
Beer Battered Cod
1. Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat. 2. Mix Batter Mix and Old Bay in m...
Beer-battered Cod and Onion Rings
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper, egg, and beer in a large bowl. 2. Preheat oven to 200°. In a 6- to 8-qt. pot, heat 2 in. of o...
Beer-Battered Cod with Tartar Sauce
1. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, scallion, lemon juice, gherkins, capers, parsley, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Heat t...
Beer-Battered Fish Tacos
Mix all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl; refrigerate for up to 5 days. Fill a large, deep, heavy pot with vegetable oil to about 11/4 inch...
Beer-battered Salmon Tacos with Chipotle Crema
1. Wrap tortillas in foil, and bake at 200° for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large, shallow bowl. Le...
Beer-Batter-Fried Sardines and Lime
In a bowl whisk beer and salt into flour until smooth. Drain sardines and pat dry. Cut lime into 8 wedges. In a 3-quart saucepan heat oil over mode...
Bengali-Style Fish in Yogurt Curry
1. Mix together the turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and caraway seeds. Add the tilapia pieces and toss to coat. Cover and let sit for 30 mi...
1. At home: Put cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper in a 1-gallon zip-lock plastic food bag. Pack bacon drippings in a small, widemouthed Nalgene jar...
Black Rice with Squid
If the squid has tentacles, pull them away from the body. Cut the squid into 1-inch strips. Then cut into 1-inch cubes. Pour the fish stock into a ...
Braised Grouper with Ginger, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Chiles
1. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat; add oil, then fillets. Cook until fillets start to ...
Braised Trout in Chilli Bean Sauce ( Dou Ban Yu )
Make three even, diagonal cuts into the thickest part of each side of the fish, to allow the sauce to penetrate. Rub it inside and out with a littl...
Brill with toffee and cumin carrots
1. For the vinaigrette: mix all the vinaigrette ingredients well together in a bowl until you have a smooth dressing. Set the vinaigrette aside. 2....
Cajun Pecan Catfish
1. Mix Fry Mix and pecans in shallow dish. Moisten fish with water or milk. Shake off excess. Coat fish, several pieces at a time, evenly with Fry ...
Capt'n Bobino's Fisherman-style Crab
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. 2. Rinse crabs and fish and pat dry; cut fish into 1- to 1 1/2-inch piece...
Best Wine Deals
I need your help!Replied
Charles Smith Syrah Washington Boom Boom (2010)Wishlisted
Messina Hof Beau (NV)Wishlisted
La Croix-Pardon Pouilly-Fuissé (2008)Rated
Duchman Family Winery Vermentino Texas Hill CountryScanned
Uppercut Cabernet Sauvignon (2010)Wishlisted
Milbrandt Vineyards Brothers Blend Traditions (2010)Cellared
Baron Rothschild Mouton Cadet Blanc Bordeaux Aoc Frankreich Bordeaux Muscadelle Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (2009)Rated
Hightower, Merlot, Columbia Valley 2005Scanned