Bow Tie Cookies with Apricot Preserves
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- One large egg, beaten
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- One 12-oz. jar good-quality apricot preserves (about ¾ cup)
- 8 oz. (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 11-¼ oz. (2-½ cups) unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted; more for rolling
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and paddle. With the mixer on low, gradually mix in the flour until a smooth dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly f...