- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1 box (17.25 ounces, 2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen cherries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten with 2 teaspoons water (for egg wash)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coarse sanding (or granulated) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out each sheet of dough, still folded into a rectangle about 10 by 14 inches (trim edges straight with a pizza cutter or knife). Cut each rectangle into quarters to form 8 small rectangles. 2. In a medium bow...