- 1 recipe Pizza Dough, refrigerated for at least 8 hours
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup toasted, chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cup dried cherries (or substitute dried cranberries, or raisins)
- Unbleached bread flour or semolina flour, for dusting
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Put the dried cherries in a small bowl and cover with very hot water. Allow them to plump for 15 minutes, until tender, then drain the fruit thoroughly. Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Divide the dough in half and return one piece to the refrigerator (or freeze as directed in the dough r...