- 10 oz chilled Italian Fontina, coarsely grated (2 cups)
- 1 lb pizza dough at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Special equipment: a 9-inch round metal cake pan (2 inches deep)
1. Put oven rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly oil cake pan. 2. Cook escarole in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander, then immerse colander in a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain again and...