No-Cook Pizza Sauce
- 28-oz. can crushed or ground tomatoes
- Kosher salt or table salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried (or 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh) oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, or parsley
- 2 Tbs. red-wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
Whisk the tomatoes, vinegar or lemon juice, and any optional ingredients together in a bowl. Add just enough water to thin the sauce so that it is easy to spread. Use thinner sauce for pizza and thicker sauce for stromboli and calzones. Season with salt and pepper.