No-Cook Pizza Sauce
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Kosher salt or table salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. red-wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried (or 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh) oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, or parsley
- 28-oz. can crushed or ground tomatoes
Whisk the tomatoes, vinegar or lemon juice, and any optional ingredients together in a bowl. Add just enough water to thin the sauce so that it is easy to spread. Use thinner sauce for pizza and thicker sauce for stromboli and calzones. Season with salt and pepper.