Pork is a very versatile meat when it comes to pairing with wine. Like many white meats, pork has relatively delicate flavors, but pork is richer and more fatty than turkey or chicken. This opens up myriad of possibilities in the kitchen. With so many ways to cook pork, it’s not surprising that a broad spectrum of wines can be used to pair with it.
Top pork recipes
All Pork Recipes
“7-6-5” Grilled Pork Tenderloin
In a medium bowl, mix salt and sugar with 1 quart cool water until dissolved. Trim the tenderloins of excess fat and silverskin and submerge them i...
Adobado Pork Tenderloin
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chiles; cook 2 minutes, turning frequently. Remove from heat; cool. Discard stem...
Agave-Glazed Pork Belly with Grilled Pineapple
Preheat oven to 250°F. Season pork belly all over with 4 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper. Place chiles in a large roasting pan. Place pork be...
Alabama Pulled Pork Sandwiches with White Barbecue Sauce
To prepare sauce, combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill. To prepare pork, cut pork in half lengthwise; cut crosswise int...
1. Cut ribs into small portions of 2 or 3 bones each. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and cr...
Ancho Pork Medallions
1. Cut pork crosswise into 8 equal pieces. Combine chile powder and next 4 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl; rub evenly over both sid...
Anne's Hot Sausage Dip
1. Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. 2. Drain diced tomato and green chiles, reserv...
Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Combine the first 7 ingredients; rub evenly over pork. Place pork in a dish; cover and chill 1 hour. Combine cider, cloves, and bay leaves in a lar...
Apple, Sage & Fennel Breakfast Sausage
Heat the oven to 200°F. In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 Tbs. of the oil over medium heat. Add the apples and the scallion whites. Cook, stirring occas...
Applewood-smoked Spareribs with Paprika Chili Spice Rub
1. Soak chips in water 20 to 40 minutes. Meanwhile, light a full chimney of charcoal briquets. When they're ash-covered, bank to one side in cleane...
Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
1. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the oil, salt and pepper; rub over pork. 2. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. In a small bow...
Apricot-Onion Pork Medallions
Flatten each pork slice to 3/4 inch by placing it between sheets of plastic wrap and pounding it with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both s...
Asian Ground Pork and Spinach
Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 lb. ground pork and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spatul...
Asian Pork and Mushroom Burger Wraps
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt;...
Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
Combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and hot pepper sauce in glass bowl; add pork and toss to coat. Cover and marinate 30 minutes in refrigera...
Asian Pork Medallions
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt. Combine garlic, ginger, and oil in a large ...
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of the five-spice with the salt, minced garlic and grated orange zest. Place the pork fat s...
Baby Back Ribs
1. Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to enclose each portion of ribs. Spray each piece of foil with vegetable cooking spray. Brush the ...
Light a grill or heat oven to 300° F. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, chili powder, salt, mustard powder, and thyme. Rub the mixture on the rib...
Baby Back Ribs With Jackie's Dry Rub
1. Soak wood chips in water 30 minutes. Prepare smoker according to manufacturer's directions, bringing internal temperature to 225° to 250°; maint...
Best Wine Deals
B Side Cabernet Sauvignon Napa (2010)Wishlisted
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Bogle Vineyards Merlot California (2011)Listed
Just picked up 3/8 of a pound of Morels, any recipe suggestions?Replied
Tasting with GregT: Vega, Burg, and TokajReplied
Reininger Malbec (2012)Reviewed
William Wycliff Brut (NV)Listed
Cano Tempranillo-Garnacha (2011)Reviewed
Colonie Greche Salento Rosso San Donaci (1999)Reviewed