Country Ham and Sage Dressing
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- ½ cup unsalted butter, divided
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 (1 1/2-lb.) loaf firm-textured white bread, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ pound country ham, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
Spread bread cubes in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted. Let cool, and transfer to a very large bowl.
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat; add country ham, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add ham to bread in bowl...