North Carolina Style Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium-size pork butt, Boston butt, or untrimmed end-cut pork shoulder roast (7 to 9 lb.), preferably bone-in
- Lexington Style Barbecue Sauce (or try Kansas City Sweet Cola Barbecue Sauce or South Carolina Honey Mustard Sauce)
- North Carolina Coleslaw (omit if using Kansas City- or South Carolina-style sauce)
- 8 to 10 plain white hamburger buns or other rolls (such as Portuguese or Kaiser)
- Olive oil
Set up a charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking. Pat the pork dry with paper towels. Don’t trim any excess fat off the meat; this fat will baste the meat and keep it moist during cooking. With a pastry brush or your hands, brush or rub the pork with a thin coating of olive oil. Season genero...