Chili Verde (Green Chili)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro, chopped, for topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) pork, in small (½" - ¾") cubes - use any cut
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive or other oil, divided
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 cup(s) white wine or water
- 8 ounce(s) fresh tomatillos, chopped, or use canned
- 1 can(s) green chilies, about 8 oz.
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumon
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet. Salt and pepper the pork cubes and brown, stirring once or twice to turn, for about 5 minutes. Set browned cubes aside, add 1 tablespoon oil to the browning pan, add onions to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 - 4 minutes. Add th...