Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Rodier Pere & Fils Rodier (NV)Wishlisted
Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Italy (2009)Wishlisted
Beringer Cavernet Sauvignon Knights Valley (2006)Wishlisted
Chalk Hill Russian River Chardonnay (2007)Wishlisted
Acacia Pinot Noir Carneros Winery Lake Vineyard (2006)Wishlisted
Clos du Val Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (2011)Cellared
Hitching Post Pinot Noir Hometown (2011)Cellared
Sterling Napa Pinot Noir (2011)Cellared
Domaine Paul Autard Châteauneuf-du-Pape (2009)Cellared
Katherine Goldschmidt Cabernet Sauvignon Crazy Creek Vineyar (2012)Cellared