Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Is Pinot Grigio Underrated?Replied
Ricossa Moscato d'Asti (2014)Wishlisted
Masters of Wine - Syrah Panel TastingReplied
St. Julian Braganini Reserve Reisling (2002)Cellared
San Jose de Apalta Chile Reserva Cabernet Tinto (2008)Wishlisted
Dark Horse Chardonnay (2014)Rated
On vacation-No wine cooler-What do you do?Replied
Weekday Wines - Post Pictures of your SelectionsReplied
Guigal Cotes du Rhone Red (2012)Listed
Terravin Pinot Noir Omaka Valley Hillside Reserve (NV)Cellared