Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Jean Baptiste Thibault la Duchesne Sancerre Rouge (2013)Reviewed
Of Monsters & MontefalcoReplied
Kung Fu Girl Riesling (2014)Listed
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
The Ojai Vineyard Syrah Special Bottling John Sebastiano Vineyard (2011)Reviewed
Le Vendangeoir Saint Nicolas-de-Bourgueil (2014)Reviewed
Mcwilliam's Hanwood Estate Sparkling Shiraz (2005)Rated
Preece Shiraz (2009)Rated
Banrock Station Shiraz (2014)Wishlisted