Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Beni di Batasiolo Langhe DOC Nebbiolo (2011)Reviewed
Schug Carneros Pinot Noir (2010)Reviewed
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
Tortoise Creek Merlot Schoolhouse Cuvee (2011)Wishlisted
Alovini Alvolo Aglianico del Vulture (2008)Reviewed
Northern Natural Dry Riesling (NV)Reviewed
Northern Natural Rockin Robin Strawberry Wine (NV)Reviewed
Northern Natural Winery Rockin Robin Cherry Wine (NV)Reviewed
Bogle Phantom California (2010)Reviewed
Another attack on wine industry... Westover shut down for using volunteersReplied