Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Spicy Salmon & Avocado Tower
Coconut Rice Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Best Wine Deals
Andrija Zilavka Pod. Andrija Hvitvin Bosnia-Herceg. Øvrige (2008)Reviewed
Edi Simcic Duet ReserveReviewed
Edi Simcic Rebula Goriška Brda Rubikon (2011)Reviewed
Kocijancic Sivi Pinot Goriska Brda (2004)Reviewed
Rockburn Pinot Noir (2012)Cellared
Te Mata Awatea (2012)Cellared
Your Vermont Wine Guide, Part OneCommented