Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
What have you bought lately?Replied
Finca las Moras Malbec (2014)Wishlisted
Santa Carolina Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon (2013)Wishlisted
Beviamo Dolce Rosso (NV)Commented
Hello Snooth! George is here | Interesting wine insideReplied
Philo Ridge Vineyards Viognier Nelson RanchReviewed
The Wolftrap Syrah Mourvedre Viognier (2014)Reviewed
Mer Soleil Silver Unoaked Chardonnay Santa Lucia (2013)Cellared
Kirkland Old Vine Zinfandel (2012)Reviewed