Green Papaya Salad with Beef and Liver Jerky
- ** Available at supermarkets and Vietnamese markets in produce section.
- **** Available at Vietnamese specialty store.
- *Available at Asian markets and kalustyans.com.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 green papaya**
- 1 cup Vietnamese beef jerky, thinly sliced*** (about ¼ pound)
- 1 cup Vietnamese pork liver jerky, thinly sliced **** (about ¼ pound; optional)
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce* or other Asian hot chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, garlic, and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. 2. Peel, halve, and seed papaya. Using shredding plate of food processor, shred papaya, then place on large plate. 3. Use scissors to cut beef j...
Pork Chop recipes you also might like
Best Wine Deals
Casarena Sinergy Reserva Red (2011)Reviewed
Wente Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Livermore Valley (2010)Reviewed
Encantado Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (2012)Reviewed
Bula Montsant (2012)Rated
Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Willamette Valley (2008)Wishlisted
Whatcha drinking tonight?Replied
2014 Santa Lucia California Pinot close CALL.Replied
Peter Franus Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley (2002)Reviewed
Aweful wine pairingsReplied