Pork Chops with a Dijon-Rye Crust
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in, center-cut pork chops, each 1-inch thick (about 2 lb. total)
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 slices caraway rye bread (such as Pepperidge Farm seeded Jewish rye), crusts trimmed
- 3 Tbs. coarse-grained Dijon mustard
Position one rack in the center of the oven and a second rack directly under the broiler. Heat the oven to 400°F. Pulse the bread in a food processor until it forms coarse crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse a few more times to evenly moisten the crumbs. Season the pork chops generou...