Smoked Pork Chops Stuffed with Gruyère and Mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 smoked pork chops (about 1 3/4 pounds in all)
- 2 ounces Gruyère, cut into 4 thin slices
1. Heat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the mustard seeds and Dijon mustard. Cut a pocket, horizontally, in the side of each chop. Spread the inside of the pockets with the mustard mixture and stuff each with a slice of the cheese. Close each pocket with a toothpick or small skewer. 2....