Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- + 3 more ingredients
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fontina cheese, cubed
- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) center-cut pork loin chops
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Sauté apples, shallots, and ginger in hot drippings 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in sage.